• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Install Apk's via Pc *4 Newbies*

suhel28

Android Enthusiast
Nov 2, 2010
India
ah.. as you all know the forum has been quite since the update cuz the root thing is not possible [for now] and we don't have much to do.. so just to kill time here is a guide to install applications on your android phone without copying them on your card and blah blah ....

THINGS YOU'LL NEED :

1. 1 SDK TOOLS
  2. 2 JAVA JDK & JRE
  3. 3 ANDROID PHONE WITH A USB CABLE ;)

STEP : 1 - "SDK"

Download the SDK tools from here

---> FOR WINDOWS

---> FOR MAC

---> FOR LINUX

STEP : 2 - JAVA

Download Java tools from here

Download Url

Download JDK & JRE from that page.
you'll need both of them

STEP : 3 - Setting Up SDK

after you've downloaded and installed java tools.

extract the sdk archive files into any folder you like.

now open SDK Manager.exe

it will open and you'll see something like this

33m1m44.jpg

just select any version (2.1,1.6,etc )and click on accept and install it will take some time and than you're done with the installation

STEP : 4 - Test

plug your phone
make sure USB DEBUGGING is ON
run cmd
(Start->Run->cmd)
type adb devices in the dos window
it will show something like this

2qvd2sm.jpg

if it doesn't make sure you've installed everything correctly.

STEP : 4 - Install

Install via APPINSTALLER (attached)

thanks to Lupajz

MANUAL INSTALLATION

the command for install is

abd install <path>

i would prefer if you don't complicate things.
just keep your apk files in the c: or d: drive instead of any folder, you may also rename the apk file to simplify the task like 1.apk or something like that but remember no spaces

example :

adb install c:\1.apk

2nbhjwh.jpg

you're done..

feel free to ask any questions

Attachments

• AppInstaller.zip
    36.5 KB · Views: 269
i can't seem to install any apk when i use the appsinstaller. i already installed all the drivers. i already selected the .exe file on my SDK and chose the apk that i want to install but i can't proceed further. i got stuck in choosing packages. i don't have any option to chose. please help

Upvote 0
I use File Manager, which is almost the same as Astro. It's workin great. Just make shure you enable "install from unknown source" from settings->applications but it will prompt you to do it if you didn't. Also, make shure the apk you want to install is not corrupt. So basically no need for computer :). Maybe if you present us you situation in detail we can give you an alternative.

Upvote 0
i was now able to install root explorer on my phone using this at last! now my new problem is, im installing Xrecovery using root explorer but whenever I copy the 3 files given by Suhel, i can't seem to paste all of them. the only file that I was able to copy was the chargemon. i tried copying all of them but i can't find the busybox and xrecovery file to set permission. help!

Upvote 0
this part of the tutorial where it says i need to set permissions on those 3 files.

#2 AFTER YOU COPY THOSE THREE FILES YOU NEED TO SET PERMISSIONS

THE METHOD TO DO THAT IS
-> TAP & HOLD THE FILES INDIVIDUALLY ONE BY ONE AND CHOOSE PERMISSIONS AND TICK ALL THE OPTIONS OVER THERE

i also tried copying it one at a time but nothing happened. i even tried moving it. it dissapeared on the original xrecovery folder when moved but its still not on the system/bin folder. what could be the reason for this?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones