Install Apps on SD Card by Default !Support

Last Updated:

1. dorperez

dorperez Member

I want that when i Install program it will be on the SD card,TNX !

2. dorperez

dorperez Member

Help !
  3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Welcome to the forums! :)

Generally you can't install apps directly on the SD Card, they have to be moved from the phone. It's dependant on Android version and phone too.

Which device do you own?
  4. dorperez

dorperez Member

Tnx :)

My phone is : LG P500H

My phone version is: 2.2.1

Help PLZ :)
  5. El Presidente

Apps will install on the phone by default, you'll need to manually move them via the apps menu.

Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> "Select App" -> Move to SD Card.

Not all apps can be moved though.
  6. dorperez

dorperez Member

I know but there must be way ... I am sure about it...
  7. El Presidente

Are you rooted? Some ROMs will support SD-ext
  8. zegaroid

zegaroid New Member

Hi, Thank you for this great info, but "Move to SD card" button is disabled..and when i tried also to access in Settings -> Location&Security -> "Install from SD Card" it says No certificate could i resolve this?

Thank you in advance...:)
  9. dorperez

dorperez Member

No man I am not rooted...

10. El Presidente

As above, I'm 99.9% sure you can't install to SD Card by default unless you're rooted.

You can try moving to SD Card after you've installed, but it doesn't work with all apps. You just have to try the method I suggested.
  11. varungnath

varungnath Well-Known Member

Dude.. How would you want the app to go directly to the SD card if the phone doesnt give u the right to do so!? Thats where rooting comes into picture
  12. Tarmi Rićmi

Tarmi Rićmi New Member

DrBi0TecH likes this.
  13. Gremaldin

Gremaldin Well-Known Member

This method might not be the easiest one out there, but it works. Heres how you do it.

Things you need:
    1. A rooted phone.
    2. A partitioned memory card (both should be primary partitions, file system of second partition should be ext2, ext3, ext4, fat16 or fat32)
    3. A free app - Link2SD

Well, I'm just saying the basics, the details about moving an app to SD are explained both in the app page and in the app itself. The second partition is used to store apps, and it stores the entire app, where as when we usually move an app to SD card, only a part of the app actually goes to the SD card. Once you've installed Link2Sd and formatted your SD card properly, open Link2SD, press the menu button, select settings, select "auto link". Now all the apps you install will be installed in the second partition.

This way, you can even install apps by default to SD, even those that cant normally be installed to SD!

If anyone is having trouble rooting or using Link2SD, let me know, I will try my best to help
    varungnath and El Presidente like this.