• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root install flash_image/recovery.img

skewed

Lurker
Sep 22, 2010
There are probably threads about this already that my lurking has missed, but I'm trying to install the flash_image and recovery-ra-eris.img. I tried using this,

How To: Load a Custom ROM on the HTC Droid Eris (Updated ? 04.08.2010) | TheUnlockr

but when I get to adb shell flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-ra-eris.img, I get an error saying the flash_image not installed. Is there a better and/or easier way to get the flash_image and recovery-ra-eris.img install on my eris so I can get a nandroid backup? I really want to back everything up before I attempt to throw kaosfroyo on there.

Apologies for being a n00b, but I'm here to learn instead of making a super-sweet paperweight.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones