Install gingerbread on TriumphGeneral

Last Updated: 2011-11-13 00:18:46
  1. j1232

j1232 Well-Known Member

How do I install Gingerbread on my Motorola Triumph? I am soo Jealous.

Over night all these Boost Mobile people with older phones just got a PUSH update to Gingerbread and now I would like it on my phone! I allready have it rooted! :(

If I use CyanogenMod which device do I use? the Droid X?

Advertisement
  2. b_randon14

b_randon14 Well-Known Member Developer

Nope. There is no official cm7 build for the triumph. In the root section there is a cm7 build by tickerguy. Use that. For sure dont use it from another device. Bad things will happen!
  3. melissapugs

melissapugs Well-Known Member

Or Isaac's build of MIUI. Which is AWESOME
    klown07 likes this.
  4. bigvandal

bigvandal Well-Known Member

5. Prey521

Prey521 Well-Known Member

Ya, you can't go wrong with CM7 or MUIU. I'm partial to CM myself since I'm not into the heavy themeing of MIUI but either one is light years ahead of the factory ROM on the phone.
  6. goshjosh

goshjosh Well-Known Member Contributor

You can't go wrong with MIUI. It's really customizable and it's pretty stable now! but if you want the authentic GB you should try out CM7. I personally find it kind of boring. :p
  7. Chairshot215

Chairshot215 Well-Known Member Developer

Both CM7 & Miui will run circles around the stock operating system. It’s actually quite insane how the Triumph performs on either Rom. I had expected to see less of the glitches and a little performance boost but did not expect what I got. Have not seen one of the stock Rom issues and the phone in general is not just a little faster and more responsive but operations that took minutes on stock only take a few seconds on either of the Gingerbread Roms now available for the Triumph.
    If you are intimidated at all by the process of installing a new operating system (AKA Rom) on your Triumph I recommend the below site as there are a lot of instructional videos.
    Motorola Triumph Hacks