1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Install JAD / JAR

Last Updated:

1. tiredhiker

tiredhiker Well-Known Member

I am trying to install MIG33 a jad/jar application. So far I can not install it. How do we install a JAD/JAR application program???

Advertisement
  2. Ageless Stranger

Ageless Stranger Well-Known Member

You can't at the moment, there was a website that claimed to be able to convert JAD/JAR to .APK but it never worked
  3. tiredhiker

tiredhiker Well-Known Member

Then what's the sense of having JAVA on our phones if we can not run Jave programs. When we get FLASH will we be able to run Flash programs? I bought the phone because its open source and should be able to run allof the programs out there !
  4. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Dont think there is just one flavor of java ... not one flavor of linux ... not one flavor of windows ... not one system that will run everything out there ...
  5. JJbdoggg

JJbdoggg Member

there is an app called jm2e runner in the market which converts .jar/jad to .apk
  6. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Have you used it? Do you have an example of a program you converted and
    links for them ?
  7. JJbdoggg

JJbdoggg Member

yes i have used it and i haver found it to be very good however it does not work for all .jar/jad files and as far as i know you can only install files from the explorer
  8. TommyB80

TommyB80 New Member

I also need a way to run or install java apps on my android phone. I have a motorola flipside from at&t. I couldn't find the palringo app, which IMHO is much better than mig33, in the app market so i am trying to use the java version. I don't want to go through the trouble of rooting my phone to install non-market apps cuz it seems as if it would be a PITA. Btw, i couldn't find the j2me app runner in the market either. I'm honestly beginning to think either AT&T or Motorola is limiting the apps that i have access to. Is the j2me app runner still on the market or am i doing something wrong?

Thanks,
    Palringo Addict
  9. michalgeva

michalgeva Member

If you have a J2ME app jar/jad and would like to convert the app into Android apk please try www.UpOnTek conversion service. In addition to an automatic conversion the UpOnTek experts provide optimization tips for your app, so that the user experience will be optimal.
  10. Lilnasty954

Lilnasty954 Member