install rom

Last Updated:

1. luckyboston24

luckyboston24 New Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 27, 2010
    I have a droid eris running 2.1 root. I downloaded the tainted vanilla rom to install on my eris but cant get past trying to create a flash recovery image. When in command prompt i cant get past c cd:AndroidSDK\tools... it says the system cannot find the path specified. Yet I installed everything prior perfectly including installing the flash_image and Amon Ra's recovery. I have tried uninstalling AndroidSDK and re-installing but still doesnt work. Please help!:confused::confused::confused:

2. copestag

copestag Well-Known Member

May 23, 2010
    thats not a proper command "cd: androidsdk/tools" .......

if the androidsdk folder is in the root C: then you want to first get to that prompt C:\> easiest way is to type cd \

then from there cd androidsdk\tools

you dont need the : symbol unless its preceeded by C and followed by \ like C:\

which is all kind of moot anyhow...... if you have your phone connected to the computer and you have the rom on your computer just use what ever file explorer you use on your computer and put it in the root of the sd card........

if your using windows you would just goto (depending on flavor of windows) start>run>explorer........ browse to the rom file and copy...... then browse to the phoneSD and paste

then flash the rom from recovery on the phone ...... Vol Up + Power....... follow the prompts
  3. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Yep, it's way easier just to copy and paste (or drag and drop) a ROM on your phone using Windows Explorer. After you've done that you'll need to unmount (dismount?) the phone from the computer to flash the rom.