Install Sony's PlayStation Mobile on your non-certified Elite

1. louiedog

louiedog Active Member

I used the following instructions from Android Police to put PlayStation Mobile on my Elite. You can download the files you need from mirrors on their site here.

Install the PSM .apk normally.

Flash the zip from custom recovery, like ClockworkMod or TWRP. This relies on having busybox, which if you're rooted, you likely already do.

Alternatively, if you don't want to flash from recovery or just like to know what you're doing, you can perform the steps manually while booted into Android:
    1. Unzip the zip file downloaded in step 2.
    2. Copy playcertetcpermissionscom.playstation.playstationcertified.xml to /system/etc/permissions/ on your device.
    3. Copy playcertframeworkcom.playstation.playstationcertified.jar to /system/framework/ on your device.
    4. Set the permissions on com.playstation.playstationcertified.jar to 644 (read/write, read, read) using your favorite file manager or command line.
    5. Reboot.

I did it the manual way and it didn't work after rebooting my phone. I rebooted again and it worked.

I have no idea if any of the current games will play well on the phone. I'm currently downloading the only demo available.

Edit: Played some of the Klondike Solitaire (the only free thing to try out) and it, along with the PSM app, is very snappy on the Elite. It has both on screen buttons like a playstation controller and touch controls. Both work fine. It was obviously made for a higher resolution display though. I'm now curious as to how well other stuff will perform.

Advertisement
    :
    Curtis1973 likes this.
  2. HaTrEd360

HaTrEd360 Well-Known Member

This actually works. Made a few purchases. Thanks for the tip man! :]
  3. Curtis1973

Curtis1973 Well-Known Member Contributor

Gonna try this on the one v also. Thanks for the post.