1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_NO_CERTIFICATES Error message

1. ne0lyfeism

ne0lyfeism Well-Known Member

So my News and Weather stopped updating for some bizarre reason - I initially had it set to refresh every hour, but it wasn't doing it anymore. So like any good rooter, I removed the GenieWidget.apk file and tried to reinstall it only to get the following error:
    Code (Text):

C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxxx\Desktop\Droid\Froyo>adb install -r GenieWidget.apk
    2831 KB/s (1313779 bytes in 0.453s)
            pkg: /data/local/tmp/GenieWidget.apk
    Failure [INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_NO_CERTIFICATES]
    I'm using the GenieWidget.apk from Fab's NexBeastFRF57011 ROM.. anyone have any ideas?

Advertisement
    :
  2. ne0lyfeism

Oh, I and happened to see that the "com.google.android.apps.genie.geniewidget" file is still listed in Manage Applications but not entirely sure how to delete this file as I'm guessing this will probably allow me to reinstall the app..
  3. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

thats a system app. You would be better off just doing adb push geniewidget.apk /system/app

Since you are on froyo its a lot easier to get that to work in recovery

For some reason froyo doesnt like adb push and adb pull
  4. ne0lyfeism

How would I get this to work in recovery?
  5. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

Same as you would in the os just make sure you mount system. In cw its under partitions and spr I think its mount options
  6. ne0lyfeism

So I'd mount system in SPR (which is the recovery I have) and then, in theory, I'd be able to use adb commands via a command line?
  7. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

correct
    ne0lyfeism likes this.
  8. esmith818

esmith818 Well-Known Member

For the record, several people (myself included) are having this problem with assorted ROMs. I'm trying to get in touch with a friend who hasn't rooted to see if this is a problem for her as well. I'm thinking it's a problem with Google's servers instead of an app or ROM issue.
  9. ne0lyfeism

Thanks OMJ - Will give it a shot and get back to you. For what its worth, I think I'm only going to use the news part of this widget, haha - found an awesome weather widget replacement :D
  10. ne0lyfeism

Yeah? I had initially done a search, more so for the error I was getting rather than the widget having stopped working, and didn't see anything on my error specifically. Once I load the apk back on my phone, I'll let you know if its still having the same issue.

Thanks for the heads up though!
  11. ne0lyfeism

Good to hear.. and OMJ, your suggestion worked. Mounted System in SPR and used the push command without any issues.

Thanks!