• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Installation code error "961"

Jchamber

Lurker
Jul 12, 2014
Installation error "961"I recently had this error, and many others keep me from updating certain apps or even keep me from downloading them. i have tried the "erase the google play cache" with no success, so i decided to root my phone as other users have fixed their problem, but they dont explain in detail how they have done it. i have my phone rooted and have installed ES file explorer. Im sure there is something simple that i have missed or not done. From what i see, i need to find my data folder and delete the old file so that i can re-install the app?? im not using correct terminalogy but, this is the just of it though, correct?? the problem is that i when i find the /data folder in my ES explorer, i dont see the app that im looking for, could someone tell my what i did wrong and guide me to the endpoint? that would be much appreciated. BTW i have 400 mb of space free so thats not the issue..

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones