Installation of Launcher Pro Unsuccessful

Last Updated:

1. coled91

coled91 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have had launcher pro for a while. I recently tried to update it and it will download but the install fails everytime. I have tried uninstalling and doing it again and nothing works.. Any ideas? I'm on UD 8

Advertisement
  2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

That's odd. I downloaded and installed LauncherPro 0.8.0.0 without incident. It saved all my settings and nothing was changed on my homescreens. Maybe clear your Market cache? :confused:

EDIT: Never mind, Market's not to blame if it downloaded okay...

3. drowe

drowe Well-Known Member

I've run into similar problems with other apps. If I uninstall it, then re-install it, the install always has worked and my settings have always been retained.

4. coled91

thats weird I just don't get it.. Even though I uninstalled it and tried again I still had launcher pro working though even though it said it was uninstalled..?

5. droidftw

droidftw Well-Known Member

if you have adb set up type these commands
    cd to adb
    adb remount
    adb shell rm /system/app/LauncherPro.apk
    then reboot and instal laucnherpro from market

6. guttyla

guttyla Well-Known Member

I have had issues having apps installing...I just mount my phone to my computer and try it and it has always worked so far...I don't know why but it works. It's worth a try

7. coled91

That didnt work. Just to update I have tried to uninstall Launcher Pro from the phone by using the settings>applications way and by using Astro file manager.. Neither can even uninstall it. I don't understand this.

8. publicanimal

publicanimal Well-Known Member

You should have to reboot the phone after uninstalling before the reinstall/update will work.

If you cannot get it to uninstall using the conventional methods, try uninstalling using Titanium Backup, then reboot, then reinstall.

9. digdug1

digdug1 Well-Known Member

this is why root explorer is a highly reccomended program. it allows you to mount your system as r/w instead of r/o thus allowing you to delete all apps. i reccomend you get this from the market, bring root explorer up and at the top click the mount r/w option. go to system/app/launcher pro and delete then at the top change root explorer settings back to r/o and reboot your phone. then you can download launcherpro prom the market:)