Installation of the OTA failed??

Last Updated:

1. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just received the OTA and selecteded the install now option. Immediately the phone went into recovery mode and tried to install it but it failed. I retried while still in recovery and it failed again. Is this happening because I'm rooted?

Advertisement
  2. kristv

kristv Well-Known Member

Yes, you have to unroot to get the update. This is covered in the xda forums by a couple of pretty knowledgeable guys there. If you're rooted, it will fail. Apparently, the update doesn't take away root capability either (according to one poster there).

3. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Where can I find the new software?

4. kristv

kristv Well-Known Member

Once you've unrooted your phone and rebooted, you should get the request from Sprint for the OTA update again. If that doesn't happen for some reason, you can get the update from this thread:

Update D107 goodness :) - xda-developers

5. kristv

kristv Well-Known Member

6. Bmerz

Bmerz Well-Known Member

Is this eventually going to get rolled out for all of us automatically? I am too much of a noob, with no tech skills to install this on my own. But then again, we shouldn't have to install this manually - WTG Sprint, another Epic fail! *rolls eyes*

7. dug13

dug13 Member

Mine fails too, but im not rooted, *update firmware* starts doing somthing-checking for updates then ERROR: An error occured while trying to update your firmware. Try Latter.
    ERROR: INTERNAL ERROR
    ????????

8. kristv

kristv Well-Known Member

Have you removed or altered things like Touchwiz? I've read that if the update can't find certain original features/software on the phone, it won't update. You might want to return it to stock settings first. Unfortunately, I don't know any more about this so you might want to check other sites like the xda developers, android central and so forth.

9. kristv

kristv Well-Known Member

10. dug13

dug13 Member

No I havent that im aware of and i am running DG27. Maybe Ill just do this Update D107 goodness :) - xda-developers

11. rmingee

rmingee Well-Known Member

I get that error when trying to update my profile or PRL (something that was suggested on one of the battery life threads - I've tried and failed numerous times with "internal error". I have switched to LauncherPro, but I didn't "remove" TouchWiz, I just made LP the default.

Mine hasn't tried to update just yet.

-- robert