Installed 16gb microsd, Now all apps on internal sd space no longer accessable?Support

1. mathesar

mathesar Well-Known Member

Please excuse me if I'm overlooking something here (fairly new to android), I installed a 16gb microsd card today and now all the games & apps that I had installed to the mercury's internal 2gb storage space are no longer working or visible anywhere.

On the home pages I see a bunch of default android icons with "loading" under them, if I unmount the 16gb card from within Settings / Storage the apps still wont appear, If I physically remove the card then everything is back to normal.

Are you not able to use the internal sd space along with an external sd card?

Any ideas appreciated.

EDIT / Update: I got the two to behave with one another, I guess you can't have applications installed on the 2gb Internal SD card when using an External SD card, But the Internal SD can still hold your photos / videos etc. First I removed the external sd card, powered up then went to Settings / Applications / Manage applications / On SD Card then went to each check-marked application and clicked Move to Phone, then powered down and installed external SD card.

I also had to move my emulator ROMS folders from the internal SD card to the 16gb external sd in order to make them visible again.

Advertisement
    :
    Gmash likes this.
  2. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Glad you got it figured out. I was going to say I did the same thing and didn't have a problem, but I didn't bother moving my apps to the sd until I got my 16GB card in there. Good to know for future reference.