Installed 16gb microsd, Now all apps on internal sd space no longer accessable?Support

Last Updated:

1. mathesar

mathesar Well-Known Member

Please excuse me if I'm overlooking something here (fairly new to android), I installed a 16gb microsd card today and now all the games & apps that I had installed to the mercury's internal 2gb storage space are no longer working or visible anywhere.

On the home pages I see a bunch of default android icons with "loading" under them, if I unmount the 16gb card from within Settings / Storage the apps still wont appear, If I physically remove the card then everything is back to normal.

Are you not able to use the internal sd space along with an external sd card?

Any ideas appreciated.

EDIT / Update: I got the two to behave with one another, I guess you can't have applications installed on the 2gb Internal SD card when using an External SD card, But the Internal SD can still hold your photos / videos etc. First I removed the external sd card, powered up then went to Settings / Applications / Manage applications / On SD Card then went to each check-marked application and clicked Move to Phone, then powered down and installed external SD card.

I also had to move my emulator ROMS folders from the internal SD card to the 16gb external sd in order to make them visible again.

Gmash likes this.
  2. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Glad you got it figured out. I was going to say I did the same thing and didn't have a problem, but I didn't bother moving my apps to the sd until I got my 16GB card in there. Good to know for future reference.