Installed app does not show up in applicationsSupport

Last Updated:

1. suzola

suzola Member This Topic's Starter

I am trying to get gps going on my phone. I downloaded GPS Status. It says it is installed and I can't find it anywhere.

How many apps can I install. I have 3 pages and they are full of the bogus verizon stuff and so does that mean I can't install any more.

I know this is total newbie question. Can someone please help me.

Advertisement
  2. Moonfire

Moonfire Well-Known Member

Oh, you can definitely have more than three pages - looking back at the TouchWiz launcher, I'm up to seven.

Are you sure it's installed correctly? I don't mean to doubt your abilities, but perhaps it hiccuped or something. Unless they fixed it in the update, any apps you install are added to the end of the list of apps in Applications, NOT in alphabetical order. The symbol looks like:

[​IMG]

suzola likes this.
  3. suzola

I am just trying to figure this out as I go along. Thanks for taking the time to answer. I will try and download again.

4. Moonfire

Alright - your title made me laugh XD.

And no problem, please do reply if you have more trouble with it, it's a nice app, even just to use the cache reset in it. And feel free to hang around the forums and ask questions - messing around and asking questions are the best way to learn!

5. suzola

I was downloading the app labeled GPS Status donation. Evidently when you do that you don't get the application. I downloaded the free version. Also now that it is downloaded and running, it is going and going and going. so far, finding one satellite only. I guess it it will give me more options if it has a lock.

6. Moonfire

Ahh, alrighty. Yes, some of the devs - mostly the ones that make free apps, I can't see why the paid ones would do it - make an "app" for people to buy that just donates money. It's more mainstream than on their own website, though I imagine they only get the 70% that Google gives them.. Anyways, glad you got it running!

Now, it may be that you're in a basement/valley/rowboat in the middle of the Atlantic, but you can try to get a better lock by opening GPS Status and going to Menu > Settings > GPS & Sensors > Manage A-GPS state and hit Reset. Personally, I don't use the Download option afterwords cuz I don't see a difference, but you can try that one too and see if it helps.