• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Installed Apps are not giving me new account options

Tobey2k4

Lurker
Dec 4, 2012
Greetings,

I have recently purchased an Xperia X10 and been playing around with it trying to get it set up right, and a large part of that is installing most of the google apps and setting up the play store. For whatever reason the phone didn't have the obvious apps pre-installed so I had to pick a few of them up manually (gmail and the play store to be precise) and got my google account details ready to set up an account.

So I went to settings > accounts & sync > add account, and found that the recently installed apps had decided to not add google as a usable account. The only 3 accounts I can create right now are: SyncML, Exchange Active Sync, and Sony Ericsson Sync. I tested this out with a number of different apps now, and none have added new accounts to date, I'm just stuck with those 3 default account types.

To my knowledge, this is a stock phone (running Android 2.3.3) which hasn't been modified in any way. I looked at the permissions the apps were getting and they all looked in order, and I've spent the last week scouring forums for anyone who has this problem, but I seem to be on my own.

I've just about run out of things to try on my side, so I'm hoping someone here can think of something I've missed or didn't know about in the first place.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones