Installed apps not showing up in marketSupport

Last Updated:

1. jcj77d

jcj77d Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ive installed apps to my hero from my pc, but they arnt showing up in the market as being "installed", so they can be updated, etc.
    is there a way around this, & where do the apps get installed (directory) on phone.
    1 last think, if i install apps on my sd card & dont want them, do i have to uninstall them, or can i just delete them off the sd card?

oh & my phone is rooted, does this effect the phones ability to update itself to 1.6, im running 1.5

Advertisement
  2. mobilemike01

mobilemike01 Well-Known Member

Download an app called atrackdog. It will scan for any installed apps and look for updates. Great app.

3. jcj77d

what about my other ?'s

4. jcj77d

i installed atrackdog, thanks, but it found updates for 2 apps: droidlive, & voicetext (paid versions). 1. atrackdog - droidlive says it cant find the app in the market, what now?
    2. voicetext found a update, but wants me to pay for it, when i already have the paid version.

5. pwabbit

pwabbit Well-Known Member

From what I can tell, if you bought it from the Market, you can update it from the Market. If you bought it elsewhere, you might have to update it through that source. The Market keeps track of the purchases you have made through it.. When an upgrade is requested, the Market validates that the original was purchased. It can't upgrade something it doesn't know you have.

6. jcj77d

i installed these from my friends computer via app installer.:confused:
    can i purchase the apps, & request my $ back, & keep the apps, since i have them?

7. mobilemike01

mobilemike01 Well-Known Member

No. The only time you can get a refund is if you buy the app and remove it in 24 hours.

8. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

so you have stolen apps on your phone and want people to tell you how to get around paying for them in order to update them... nice...try buying them...then you get to enjoy the apps and know that you put a SMALL amount of money into someones pocket since they took the time to write the app..

9. jcj77d

how do they know if u keep a paid app after returning it

10. jcj77d

they are not stolen, & by all means, if someone has a way (knowledge) of saving these apps off their phone & then sharing them, how is that stealing?, especially when android/linux is open source

11. anthonyqld

anthonyqld New Member

they are stolen. When you're friend buys the app he is buying 1 license to use it. Copying that app and using it on more than one device is theft as more than 2 licenses are in use. If the developer of the app finds out about your theft (and by posting on a public forum you're making it very easy) then if he chooses can take legal action against you

Just because Android is open source doesn't mean the apps that run on Android are open source and free to share.

12. MahaloCat

MahaloCat Well-Known Member

YUP...and Making a mixed tape is Stealing -
    Although the letter of law is clear....and you are TECHNICALLY right.....
    I seriously doubt legal action will follow.....:rolleyes:

SUPPORT DEVS - BUY APPS and DONATE! :cool: