installed fission now cant go into recovery

1. faber78

faber78 Guest

installed fission and like it, but cant get anything to go into recovery to create backups or do anything.
    bootstrap wont go into recovery either.
    any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

Do you have Rom Manager? Have you tried re-flashing clockworkmod recovery in Rom Manager?

GMB
  3. C0n57an71n3

C0n57an71n3 Well-Known Member

Fission somehow f*cked up my backups, so I went back to ApeX ASAP. Lost some data, but at least Clockwork works now.
  4. GrandMasterB

Weird. Been running Fission for a couple days now and it's my new favorite. Gonna try Tranq3 just for kicks in a few but I havent had any problems with Fission so far.

GMB
  5. faber78

faber78 Guest

saw a thread on xda where people were saying they were having problems with this.
    probably losing root somehow?
  6. C0n57an71n3

C0n57an71n3 Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was weird. I retained root, but I couldn't restore. At all. I had two backups (One Moto2.2 and one ApeX) and neither would work. Both had md5 mismatch errors.
  7. faber78

faber78 Guest

The plan was, and what always worked in my ROM was that the user would update app from market or sd card. This always worked in my ROMs and have made a few for the D2 before the vanilla project came along. I didn't know what went wrong. Some were user error, some were people assuming there was no root because there was no app in draw and some may have had real problem I couldnt figure out. I spent a couple of hours trying to replicate problem and the only I could was when I ran super user with no data or wifi connection. I did not activate phone one time, ran superuser and lost root. Could not get root back without rooting again. Had all the problems with apps others had too.

The reason I only added the bin file and not the app was because I have seen people who had root issues after a market update. They lost root and/or they had double root apps in their draw which caused problems so I do not inlcude the apk for superuser to avoid that problem.

To be safe in the next build I am using an old version of su that has not failed yet. The only problem with that is if you want to update from market you have to run a few commands to uninstall properly or use the one click root method that Darkonion is working on now with updated script to uninsall properly and update superuser.
  8. faber78

faber78 Guest

^quoted from my link above
  9. faber78

faber78 Guest

can oc, must have root....still no recovery mode....
  10. GrandMasterB

Have you tried re-rooting just to see?

GMB
  11. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

I had that problem on ApeX. I fixed it by uninstalling bootstrap and re installing, then it worked. Before I did that I couldn't get into recovery mode through ROM manager either.