1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Installed larger SD card but phone won't let me put anything on itSupport

1. nicthommi

nicthommi New Member

I purchased a 16GB memory card at an AT&T store b/c the one that came with the phone was full. Performed a backup, and transferred everything back to the phone (the Kies program puts it all on internal memory).
    If i look at the phone's memory, it says I have 14GB on the card, if I connect the phone to my computer, it says I have 14GB on the card, and while I realize that not all apps can be moved to the external memory (SD card), attempts to move things that can be moved still results in a message that the memory is full.

Why is my phone still acting like there is a 1GB SD card installed when there is a 16GB card installed? It's really annoying b/c I can't download anything new and some apps don't act right b/c there is so little space, but I've added 15GB more space that the phone won't let me do anything with even though it shows up in if I check the memory.

Advertisement
    :
  2. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

Hmm before you started transferring onto the new card, did you format it?
    Not entirely familiar with this device either, is it capable of holding a 16gb card?

DS
  3. TVCCS

TVCCS Well-Known Member

Be sure to format the card in the phone...I currently am running a 64GB SDXC card without issue, and have had 32GB and 16GB cards in the phone as well.

The phone also has internal application storage...be sure, if you want to run apps from the card, that they are installed to the card itself. An app like App2SD can help simplify the process.
    justconfused likes this.
  4. justconfused

justconfused Member

this is similar to my problem! glad i am not the only one with this problem. i am technology illiterate so i have to double make sure my sd card is backed up.

i wonder if this worked for the op
  5. justconfused

justconfused Member

after you format the card, then what?