Installed the OTA update, and now my phone is having some serious lag issuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. jrodrig7

jrodrig7 Member This Topic's Starter

So I installed the new OTA update for my Vibrant, and now my phone is having some very serious lag issues. I did not have any problems with lag until after this update, and now my phone is constantly lagging, even when I'm texting. Is anyone else having this problem? As for the GPS fix, I don't really see a difference. The GPS on google maps is still off, and as slow as ever, and the Navigation app works for awhile, and then sometimes will go crazy... What exactly was this "update" supposed to fix?

Advertisement
  2. Suavebeatz

Suavebeatz New Member

I am experiencing a bad lag as well, wasn't like this before the update.

Also, with Swype everytime I enter a word that stupid "that word was hidden" message pops-up and its extra annoying. Is there any fixes that stops this or what?

3. melll

melll Well-Known Member

What OTA update are you guys talking about? Froyo?

If so, what country are you from???

4. jrodrig7

I'm from the US, Chicago, IL to be precise. Tmobile released some OTA update for the Vibrant, and to be honest the only thing that it has done is made my phone very slow and laggy.

5. samcarroll

samcarroll Active Member

its the OTA update to add HD Camera and MobiTV i believe. I noticed lag issues as well after update yesterday.

6. the1who

the1who Well-Known Member

The OTA update Melll is the JI6 for the GPS fix as the primary reason with the few other features, in the USA at least.

Froyo is on this notice: Samsung pushes Galaxy S users a fix of Froyo ? reghardware

I have the J16 update and I have not noticed any lag. If you are able, I would recommend doing a master reset and seeing if it cures your problems. I used appbak to save a text of the apps i had installed and installed them, the ones that I really wanted, back on the phone. I haven't had any issues. The reason I did the master reset was that I would get the GPS to lock up so I just wanted to get rid of all my tinkerings and start fresh.

7. stanmancan

stanmancan Member

I have read many other forums on other sites. Have spoken to Samsung and Tmobile. No one will admit they screwed up with JI6 either OTA or Kies mini method does not matter. They all lag if you have any apps that utilitze data at all in the background. You will have to reset your phone to get functionality back. Don't install any of your apps back on it and wait for another fix I guess. This is the only fix for now and it sucks.

8. jrodrig7

...Reset my phone and not install any apps on it? No thank you. What the hell is the point of having the phone if I can't utilize the apps? This update was a crock of shit IMHO, my texting lags, swype is screwing up, the swipe screen requires a ridiculous swipe now to get to the home screen, the GPS on google maps is as shitty as ever, and the Navigation GPS seems to be working well so long as you don't move your phone. I really wish I didn't do the OTA update, it's really making me frustrated with my phone.

9. jrodrig7

Ok so I just connected my phone via Samsung Kies, and it appeared to do another update... after it updated the files my phone seems to be lagging a lot less, although I still run into texting lag every so often, but still its much better than it was before.

10. TexasTwister

TexasTwister New Member