Installing a Live Wallpaper not from MarketSupport

Last Updated:

1. Jcol

Jcol Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I was looking at a Samsung phone today that had a Live Wallpaper that I really liked. It's called Ocean Waves and it's like you are looking through water down into a sandy ocean floor. Nice reflecting light and ripple patterns. So I checked out the Market but I couldn't find it however did I did find it at another site and I was able to download it. The file is a Zip file which contains several folders and individual files. Could someone tell me how to install these files so that I can add this to my LiveWallpaper library? I have installed the Zip file in the download folder of my SD card. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. D3sRtH4mmR

D3sRtH4mmR Well-Known Member

Look for a an apk file, click it and it should take you to the installation dialogue.

3. Jcol

Thanks D3sRtH4mmR - Here where I'm getting confused. At the web-site where I found the file it said "click here to download the .apk file". At this point I was using my laptop so I downloaded the file to it's desktop. When the file came down it was not an apk file, but a Zip file. I expanded the zip file to a temp folder. At that point it created a folder called Assets and inside that folder are 5 other folders and 4 files. Nowhere can I find a file the apk extension. I did transfer both the original zip and unzipped asset folder to the download folder on my phones SD card but I can't seem to find a way to start an install dialog. I'm using Astro. Should I simply browse to the website using my phone and download it directly? BTW my phone is at 2.1 and it is rooted. Thanks.

4. X10iUser

X10iUser Well-Known Member

Post the link to the file?

5. Jcol

6. JDwan

JDwan Well-Known Member

I used the Download the .APK link and it downloaded as an .apk file for me. Not sure why you are getting it downloaded as a .zip file. Anyway, if you watch the video on the page for the wallpaper, at the end of it, he goes over how to install it from the zip file.

7. Jcol

Well I guess I was making things more complicated then I needed to. I simply navigated to the web-site using my phones browser and downloaded it directly. After the download it immediately gave me an install dialog and it installed just fine. For some reason I assumed that I would have to download it to my laptop and install via PC Companion but that was not the case.