Installing a Screen Protector is like threading a needle.

Last Updated:

1. garment69

garment69 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have no idea how anybody gets a screen protector on their Droids. I ordered on from Boxwave and I tried everything I could think of, but one side always was to far over and it would set above the screen lip. I think the tolerance level is .000001 mm!!!

Im just going to have to go naked and baby this thing.

Advertisement
  2. stearic

stearic Well-Known Member

Wow, i never had a problem getting mine or friends on. How exactly are you trying to put the protector on?

3. garment69

Same as with everyother phone I have owned. Peel the protective layer back, place the exposed screen protector at the top and slowly apply down the screen while peeling back the rest of the protective layer. Maybe the boxwave is just to perfectly cut or I've lost my touch. Never had an issue with blackberry's, Iphones or Winmo devices.

4. jmt9779

jmt9779 Well-Known Member

It's all about patience and attention to details. I'm an engineer and work in an office full of people who don't know how to do anything without mulling over the excrutiating minutiae of every little detail...But even some of them can't put on a screen protector properly. Ha! I've become the go-to screen protector guy around the office... In the last month I've done my Droid, a Blackberry Storm2, and a couple of iPhones :)

Just try to be patient with it. You'll get it.

5. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

use a bit of lightly soaped water. place protector on and squeegee the water out. 100% perfect, 100% of the time.

6. kraze0g

kraze0g Well-Known Member

yeh it sucked getting the boxwave on (and others i know of) because of that lip and how closely they cut the screen protector and how it goes around the earpeice. mine is satisfying enough for me, i gave up on looking for perfection ;p

7. jmt9779

jmt9779 Well-Known Member

That's invisible shield not boxwave.

8. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

This.

The Droid isn't any more difficult that any other device in my experience.

9. Dmordarski

Dmordarski Well-Known Member

I always get dust under it, no matter how well i clean it, I got the Ghost armor installed at the mall, cost 20 bucks but its lifetime guarantee

10. ahaidet

ahaidet Member

When I put my Boxwave on I used the screen lip to my advantage. I held the protector by the little tab that it came with. I pushed the protector up againts the bottom lip of the screen making sure to align both sides then carefully set the protector on starting from bottom to top. No bubbles, no dirt, no finger prints. The speaker hole is slightly misaligned but not far enought to bug me. First time ever putting a protector on and first try it was perfect enough for me. Hope that helps.

11. Aldo Junior Ao2

Aldo Junior Ao2 Well-Known Member

If your having that much problems why not try case-mate it comes with a pre-built screen protector. Now i don't know how good it will work but hey atleast you can give us a review eh.

12. bjbear5103

bjbear5103 New Member

LOL funny thing these screen shields! the woman who helped sell me my droid seemed to work meticulously in placing the shield just right. after several attempts she got it on, even using SURGICAL gloves. got outside, noticed there were two HUGE globs under the screen, i swear, must have have been crackers she had for lunch. "oh, just leave it in your hot car, the bubble's will work out." i'm not worried about bubbles! those are the least of my worries. i got the whole nabisco plant under my screen!

13. garment69

Thats what I tried to do. No matter what I did, one of the sides was always over the lip by a hair and that caused the screen protector to sit up off the screen. I guess im a bit OCD and even the slightest bit of screen seperation bothers me. It just didnt look good.

14. clos1084

clos1084 Well-Known Member

then take an xacto knife to it