• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Installing android to windows hd2

crana

Lurker
Jul 6, 2011
Just bought a HD2 and its windows and I've been told you can flash them and put android software on?

Is there a simple guide to follow to do this? Just I've came from an android phone and don't like windows to be honest to crashes to much and doesn't have as much ;p

Cheers, craig. :cool:

Reactions: rafik5716
There is a sticky in this very forum that discusses how to do this:

http://androidforums.com/htc-leo-hd2/273125-guide-android-your-hd2-start-finish.html

The whole process looks daunting but I did it on a buddy's HD2 (I have an Evo myself) and it was really pretty simple once you get the hang of it. Really, you just need a few things:

- install a "hard" SPL such as 2.08 HSPL
- install a new radio version that will allow you to use all 576MB of RAM instead of being limited to 512 (such as version 2.15.50.14)
- install MAGLDR 1.13
- flash your desired Android ROM
- google your APN settings for your carrier and country and plug them in (this will get your 2G/3G data working for when you are not connected to wifi)

The only part that you really need to be careful with is the radio version that you flash. Flashing a radio not designed for this phone can brick it. Otherwise, if you have a hard SPL installed then even if a ROM doesn't work, the phone will always fall back into the bootloader so that another ROM can be flashed to get things back up and running again. A hard SPL also allows you to flash unsigned ROMs. Of course, if you flash the wrong radio then your SPL version won't matter because the phone is bricked.

There are plenty of tutorials out on google, youtube, and even in that thread above. I flashed the "prj clean Desire" ROM to my friend's phone (it's a Sense-based ROM) and it works beautifully. The only thing that doesn't work is 720p video recording.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones