installing apps error


Last Updated:

  1. Salem

    Salem Member This Topic's Starter

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2010
    Messages:
    9
    Likes Received:
    0
    I've been rooted for about two weeks now. Originally, I was using the kaosfroyo rom v34, just now I changed to the nonsensikal vanilla 5.4. With both roms I'm getting the same error. It will download an app with no problem. However, as the app is installing, the notification bar will display a message that it was not successfully installed.

    It did it first with the kaos rom; I switched to nonsensikal thinking it would help, but no such luck. Any ideas about what I'm doing wrong?

    ps- It won't even install updates.
     

    Advertisement
  2. doogald

    doogald Guides Guide

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2010
    Messages:
    6,620
    Likes Received:
    1,896
    Hmmmm. Try wiping data in the market?

    Settings->Applications->Manage Applications, All apps tab, scroll down to market, tap it, click the "clear data" button.

    I do have to say that I am having weird issues with the market on Froyo (both Kaos and CELB, but especially Kaos). Lots of times apps get stuck in the download, or install (I get the notification) but the market still thinks that it is downloading or installing.

    By the way, are you running Autokiller by any chance? If so, can you change the presets down closer to default and see if that helps (if wiping data does not)?
     
  3. Salem

    Salem Member This Topic's Starter

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2010
    Messages:
    9
    Likes Received:
    0
    I'll try the market data wipe. I haven't touched the autokiller settings; they are whatever the default is. Thanks for the help.
     
  4. Salem

    Salem Member This Topic's Starter

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2010
    Messages:
    9
    Likes Received:
    0
    After doing the data wipe, it successfully installed an update. But, it wouldn't install a new app after the download. The app name stays in the list of market downloads as "free", even after closing out.
     
  5. Salem

    Salem Member This Topic's Starter

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2010
    Messages:
    9
    Likes Received:
    0
    Ok, finally figured out what I had done wrong. Messing around with the manage app storage settings, I had checked "external", instead of "automatic". Changed it back, and now its working... duh lol
     

Share This Page

Loading...