1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Installing apps from online market??

Last Updated:

1. Drob253

Drob253 Member This Topic's Starter

OK, so found some cool games n' sheet I want to throw onto my G1 from this site (snow rally) Sooo... I download it to my computer from the site, plug my phone into my computer, copy the file to my phone.... (does it matter what folder I put it in?) but where do I go from here? How can I access the file once its on my phone to install it? Any help?:confused:

Advertisement
  2. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

I don't think you can do it that way.

You probably have to use the G1 browser to open the site and download the games directly onto the phone. Apps have to be on the phone memory, not the SD Card right now.

3. GODMODE

GODMODE Well-Known Member

You can only install apps that were specifically created for the G1.

4. jaycee316

jaycee316 New Member

Their is a Program on Marketplace called Apps Installer. It's from the guys at modmygphone and it allows you to install apps from SD card. But I already tried Snow Rally, it won't work. It was created with an older Android SDK and won't work on the newer one that the G1 uses. Same Problem with Opera Mini and some other older Apps. Sorry to burst your bubble!

5. phi0001

phi0001 New Member

jaycee316, I agree with your information..
    I am also using Apps Installer!!!!!!!!
    There is another similar Mac OSX software called independence which can also be used to jailbreak your iPhone. The Windows PC equivalent of Installer.app is iBricker...

Prohome Income