• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Installing apps from online market??

Drob253

Lurker
Nov 4, 2008
OK, so found some cool games n' sheet I want to throw onto my G1 from this site (snow rally) Sooo... I download it to my computer from the site, plug my phone into my computer, copy the file to my phone.... (does it matter what folder I put it in?) but where do I go from here? How can I access the file once its on my phone to install it? Any help?:thinking:

OK, so found some cool games n' sheet I want to throw onto my G1 from this site (snow rally) Sooo... I download it to my computer from the site, plug my phone into my computer, copy the file to my phone.... (does it matter what folder I put it in?) but where do I go from here? How can I access the file once its on my phone to install it? Any help?:thinking:

You can only install apps that were specifically created for the G1.

Upvote 0
Their is a Program on Marketplace called Apps Installer. It's from the guys at modmygphone and it allows you to install apps from SD card. But I already tried Snow Rally, it won't work. It was created with an older Android SDK and won't work on the newer one that the G1 uses. Same Problem with Opera Mini and some other older Apps. Sorry to burst your bubble!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones