Installing apps from you computer to droid?General

Last Updated:

1. janylor_84

janylor_84 New Member This Topic's Starter

How do you install the .apk files from your computer to the Xperia x10? I installed Astro and loaded an app in there then tried to install it and it comes up with.
    For Security, your phone is set to block installation of applications not sourced in Android Market.
    How can I get around this?

Advertisement
  2. NaplesBill

NaplesBill Well-Known Member

The best bet is to search for Android Central Sideload Wonder Machine. This app makes the whole process very simple. The other option is to debrand your X10 and you can reclaim the non-market app access. Debranding is not for the average person though.

3. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Which tel co are you with?

In Menu>Settings>Applications do you have the box for unknown sources? Some phone companies have removed this. If you have it then tick it to allow install of non-market apps. If not the PC based programme recommended above will help.

http://www.androidcentral.com/sideload-android-apps-all-you-want-sideload-wonder-machine

On a file manager front someone once told me that the file manager Linda is better at installing than Astro. I have both as a consequence because they have their own areas of expertise.

4. janylor_84

janylor_84 New Member This Topic's Starter

Im with At&t
    Thanks I tried to install Android Central Sideload Wonder Machine and now im getting a .net frame work error trying to fix that problem right now.
    Rosered there is no box for unknown sources thanks though.

5. Hunted

Hunted Well-Known Member

lol i just answered a similar question today on the official x10 site lol piracy i tell thee.. bit shocked at how at&t removed the install 3rd party apps bit, this for me was a big thing that android had over apples iphone.. a little bit of freedom goes along way with me...

6. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

The other thing that you could consider is to debrand it cos I think you then get your tick box back and download/install what you want. But I am no expert so have a bit of a look around the forum, there are threads and guides for it. Good luck.