Installing Apps with USB ConectedSupport

Last Updated:

1. leewoodford

leewoodford Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone on my 1st post,

I got my x10 mini 2 days ago and already I'm down to available space 125mb on my internal phone storage.

I install new apps with the USB connected to the PC to keep the battery charged.

My questions are...

1. does this stop the apps being installed on the memory card and therefore use my quickly disappearing internal storage?
    2. I have another mini SD card (8gb) that I want to use. Is there anything I need to know before putting it in my X10 mini like saving settings from the old SD card or formatting it first?
    Thanks

Lee

Advertisement
  2. MiniDroid

MiniDroid Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome

The x10 mini is running Android 1.6.
    It prevents you from installing apps to your SD card.
    You'll have to wait for the firmware update scheduled this quarter.
    The phone then gets Android 2.1 and I guess that'll enable the SD card to be used for app installs.

Sorry, don't know the answer to your second question.

leewoodford likes this.
  3. badassballer

badassballer Well-Known Member

Your 2nd question about using the SD card depends on if you have made any backups of your phone's settings on the current SD card that your using at the moment - If you plan on formatting your phone while you've backed it up on your current SD card and if after format you plan on putting in the new SD card then you'd probably need to put the new SD card b4 format and backup the settings of the phone on there and then continue etc -
    But if that is not the case, then you probably don't need to do anything at all - just need to take out the SD card and put in the new one - i just put in a new one today -

leewoodford likes this.