• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Installing as System App will enable GPS toggle?

drew_14

Jan 25, 2010
I'm a big fan of Toggle Settings but my one wish would be that it could toggle GPS. From what I understand, the security of Android doesn't allow any app to turn GPS on/off. My question is, since installing Mobile Defense as a system application allows it to turn my GPS on, would installing Toggle Settings as a system app enable the same feature?

If not, does anybody know of a way around this or another app that is similar and can toggle GPS settings?

I realize there are widgets that can handle GPS toggling but I'm looking for something like Toggle Settings that can do this automatically based on the conditions or profile that I choose. I'd much rather have all of my settings (including GPS) changed automatically or via 1 profile selection instead of having a screen full of widgets to toggle myself.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones