Installing Custom ROm Oxygen Problem

1. Touqeer5066

Touqeer5066 Member

Hey guys what's up !!!

I need some help if some one can help me out ??

I HAve Ideos X5 u8800 and i want to install oxygen Rom to my Cell i have rooted my cell but when it goes to android system recovery
    apply update from sdcard then i choose the zip file of oxygen rom its say's:

finding update package...
    opening update package...
    verifying update package...
    E:failed to verify whole-file-signature
    E:signature verification failed
    Installation aborted.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

How i can install or what does it mean signature verification failed ????

Can anybody help me please

feel free to contact

Thanks
    Regards:
    TouQeeR

Advertisement
    :
  2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven What does this button do? Moderator

It sounds like you got a bad download. Try downloading the file again and if it is posted, match the MD5 checksum.
  3. Touqeer5066

Touqeer5066 Member

I Have download too much time and same problem i am facing

any suggestion
  4. theminikiller

theminikiller New Member

Are you using the normal android recovery or clockworkmod? if you are using the normal android recovery, install clockworkmod recovery. If you are using 2.2.1 use this guide Ultimate Guide to the Huawei U8800 - Android @ MoDaCo and go to the section where it says "installing clockworkmod un the huawei u8800". If you have 2.3.5/gingerbread use this guide to install it [U8800] [How To] Root, Install ClockworkMod + Remove Bundled Apps from Official 2.3.5 - xda-developers and go the section where it says "Installing ClockworkMod 5.5.0.4 on your U8800". After that boot into clockworkmod by turing the phone on while holding down vol+. Then choose install zip from sdcard, choose zip from sdcard and then choose the oxygen zip file.

Good Luck!
  5. ryanrazer

ryanrazer Active Member

To install (you need root):
    1. Backup /cust_backup/image/recovery.img
    2. Download, extract and place the recovery.img into /cust_backup/image/
    3. Done.

To go to recovery:
    1. Power off
    2. Hold Vol+ and Power buttons to power on (hold both buttons UNTIL you see the recovery)

Perfect Recovery 4.0.0.5 by Genokolar - xda-developers
    On the bottom there is a Attachement... download that attachement and follow the procedure.. this way it should work... i hope you know how to use CWM Recovery.. if not, post here and we will help... ;)
  6. nu2andy

nu2andy Well-Known Member

Hi, I found this info:
    [FONT=&quot]Root Huawei Ideos X5 U8800 with SuperoneClick V2.3.3[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]You first need to dial *#*#2846579#*#* and go to projectmenu > background settings > log settings > log switch > set Log on[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Now reboot your phone and enable USB debugging on and you may do it by doing this > Settings > Applications > Unknown sources > Development > USB debugging.
      [/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Download Super one click v2.3.3 from here and then plug your Huawei Ideos X5 U8800 in to computer via USB cable and do not mount SD card.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Run superoneclick and once it opens click on the root button, wait for some time and you will be rooted and if you want you may go back and log off.[/FONT]
    Hope it helps. Neil.
    ps. 'here' didn't work but just Google it and Download to comp.