Installing DroidApps from Market from PCSupport

Last Updated: 2012-01-07 08:49:11
  1. rrk2483

rrk2483 New Member

Hi,

I am a new user to the android world, I have a Dsl modem---> Pc internet connection, I dont have any wifi at my home, is there any integrator, software or android app available using which I can connect my Dell XCD35(ZTE Blade) and use the internet on the phone or sync with the market and install the apps.
    If you can then please help me out ....

Regards
    Rahul

Advertisement
  2. Reider

Reider Well-Known Member

rrk2483 likes this.
  3. rrk2483

rrk2483 New Member

Thanks Steve,
    Basically I am a network engg. (Preparing for CCIE).

Lets consider a situation that If someone wants to use a computer with a flawless internet connection and a droid phone connected to the same PC and he don't want to use the WiFi instead he wants to use the internet which is on the PC and the phone connected to the PC, then ...is there any application which can help the user to install the apps from the market...please help me out
  4. Reider

Reider Well-Known Member

I found some info on the net, the best of which appeared to be this one;

Mycila Blog: Reverse USB Tethering with Android 2.2

Also, with my WiFi turned off I selected one or two apps to be installed. Later when I turned the WiFi on the apps were downloaded and installed. So if push comes to shove, when you go somewhere that does have a WiFi connection you can install, I don`t know if this is time limited though. Another way is to get the .APK files and use and .APK installer App to install them. Astro File Manager may be a good idea to use too, as well as the installer itself.

For me I`d just add a WiFi adaptor and lock access to the network to named Mac Addresses only. But if that`s a route you don`t want to go down then I understand. It just means a bit more work and research to make it happen, because these things are tailored to WiFi use in the main.

Steve
    rrk2483 likes this.
  5. dannymur

dannymur Well-Known Member

Your Android is a wireless device primarily, so could you not use Virtual Router??

It does require Windows 7 on your PC, and uses it's Wireless Hosted Network Technology:

Sounds like a complete solution to me......

Sorry, I note you may not have wireless on your PC.......:eek:

Check out this reverse tethering solution [for Wildfire] on XDA:

[GUIDE] Reverse Tethering Wildfire --> Internet Pass Through - xda-developers

Could be useful in your case.

Read it all, it even gives a link for windows tethering drivers
    rrk2483 likes this.
  6. rrk2483

rrk2483 New Member

Hi guys,
    Another problem is some apps automatically start and drain the battery, I had tried juice defender and some battery saving apps and I am using Go Task manager by which I can close the running apps but do we have any app which will monitor the auto start apps and only allow the apps to run for some time, I hope you know my concern. Please reply

Thank you