• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Installing Eclipse and the Android SDK (Windows XP)

Isn't there anyone who knows what they're doing who monitors this forum? Three questions over three weeks and change, and no responses. :(

One or two things might be the reason:

Maybe no one visiting your thread knows the answer;

Maybe no one is visiting your thread;

There may be a limited number of devs that use the forum;

I would suggest also trying IRC #android-dev

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hi,
thats a nice presentation by you for installing android on windows xp. It is very helpful to me. after setting the path, when i tried to start eclipse a error window flashed on the screen saying that " a java Runtime environment or jdk must be available inorder to run eclipse. No java virtal machine was found after searching the following locations c:\eclipse\jre\bin\javaw.exe javaw.exe in your currebt path". I tried changing paths, but i did not succeed. I have been using windows xp 2002 version sevice pack 2. Please tell me solution. Thanks in advance.

I'm having the same problem with windows 7 64bit

Upvote 0
I'm not exactly using XP but I don't think it'll quite matter.

Anyway I'm having trouble downloading the Android SDK Platform. I've followed the tutorial on the android developer site and they say you use the AVD Manager to get it. However this is all I get:

167tf60.jpg

Just a bunch of Add-on stuff, no Platform. What's going on? Am I using the wrong URL?

Edit: Nevermind.... I figured it out. Had to force the HTTPS thing in the Settings. Thought I already did it and didn't work, but tried again and seemed to work that time.

Upvote 0
i downloaded the u18 version of java ee sdk since i couldnt find u10 anywhere. it had a little different menus but was about the same. it is saying i have no targets when i go to create a project testrun. in preferences->android, i set the path to the android sdk and it found the tools folder but it doesnt show any sdk targets. any idea?

Upvote 0
i downloaded the u18 version of java ee sdk since i couldnt find u10 anywhere. it had a little different menus but was about the same. it is saying i have no targets when i go to create a project testrun. in preferences->android, i set the path to the android sdk and it found the tools folder but it doesnt show any sdk targets. any idea?

nevermind, ran the sdk and avd manager and all the updates and now they all show up.

Upvote 0
Is it possible to download Android SDK components without the Android SDK manager?

During the installation of my Android SDK, I am getting stuck during the process where the manager goes out and downloads all the revisions of the APIs and the SDKs.

9igs48.jpg

It is potentially due to a socket issue that typically occurs when a database query is called and there are a large number of TCP connections... according to googling my error (No buffer space available (maximum connections reached?): recv failed )...

Here is the errors that come up..

260fxox.jpg

So I just need to know if there is a way, other then using the Android download manager, to download / update my computer with the Android SDK components....

Thank you.

Upvote 0
Hi, so I have a problem others may have mentioned before:

When trying to install the Android ADT plugin to Eclipse, I get the following:

An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
No repository found containing: org.eclipse.draw2d/osgi.bundle/3.4.1.v20080910-1351
No repository found containing: org.eclipse.emf.common/osgi.bundle/2.4.0.v200808251517
No repository found containing: org.eclipse.emf.ecore/osgi.bundle/2.4.1.v200808251517
No repository found containing: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.change/osgi.bundle/2.4.0.v200808251517
No repository found containing: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.edit/osgi.bundle/2.4.1.v200808251517
No repository found containing: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi/osgi.bundle/2.4.1.v200808251517
No repository found containing: org.eclipse.emf.edit/osgi.bundle/2.4.1.v200808251517
No repository found containing: org.eclipse.wst.common.emf/osgi.bundle/1.1.202.v200809111955
No repository found containing: org.eclipse.wst.common.emfworkbench.integration/osgi.bundle/1.1.201.v200808071700
No repository found containing: org.eclipse.wst.common.frameworks/osgi.bundle/1.1.200.v200805140020
No repository found containing: org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core/osgi.bundle/1.3.3.v200809102124
No repository found containing: org.eclipse.wst.common.ui/osgi.bundle/1.1.301.v200805140415
No repository found containing: org.eclipse.wst.sse.core/osgi.bundle/1.1.302.v200808260045
No repository found containing: org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui/osgi.bundle/1.1.2.v200809120159
No repository found containing: org.eclipse.wst.validation/osgi.bundle/1.2.2.v200809050219
No repository found containing: org.eclipse.wst.xml.core/osgi.bundle/1.1.305.v200809120354
No repository found containing: org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui/osgi.bundle/1.0.410.v200809120143

I've tried with http and https

I'm using the Stanford edition of Eclipse 3.4.2 (Stanford in that it's the version they had us use for classes and whatnot). Do you think I need to get another edition of Eclipse, or is there another problem? Like, am I missing any other plugins that I can just install? If I get another version of Eclipse, do I lose anything from previous work?

Upvote 0
I think I had a repo error when doing this myself, though I don't recall the exact wording. I'm pretty sure I solved it by keeping the google address to download from in the url field; as adding the repo to the list did not work. I don't have my laptop right in front of me, so I can't tell you where for sure, just yet, to get it to fownload.

Upvote 0
Okay, what am I missing? I had to build the target (Thanks to the information that Jacqueline provided earlier in this feed) and now I've got the emulator up and running but I don't see the test application running. The emulator is showing the normal screen and not the "hello world" application. Here is the information from the console in eclipse:

[2010-04-06 22:37:44 - testrun] Automatic Target Mode: Preferred AVD 'Android-2.1-Emulator' is available on emulator 'emulator-5554'
[2010-04-06 22:37:47 - testrun] Application already deployed. No need to reinstall.
[2010-04-06 22:37:47 - testrun] \testrun\bin\testrun.apk installed on device
[2010-04-06 22:37:47 - testrun] Done!

Any help on why it's not running? I don't see any errors here...

Upvote 0
I was having some trouble downloading this stuff and getting eclipse to work. If anyone else is new here and trying to follow this setup there's a couple things to get you all the files you'll need.

From SUN you first need to install the latest JDK. Then you can search through their older downloads and download the EE SDK.

In eclipse the menus have changed since this tutorial was written. You'll need to go to window->preferences. Then navigate to Install/update - available software sites. Then you can add http://dl-ssl.google.com/android/eclipse/site.xml to the list. Now if you need to download the android developer's tools you go back to the main eclipse screen and navigate to help->Install New Software. In the space where it says to Work with paste in that same URL: http://dl-ssl.google.com/android/eclipse/site.xml . Then select all the developer tools available. Restart, and you now have the Android dev tools available.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones