Installing fonts on the MyTouch Slide

Last Updated:

1. squire1798

squire1798 New Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to install additional fonts (primarily RTL fonts) on the MyTouch 3G Slide *without* rooting the phone? I've looked high and low, and have basically found 2 things: 1) additional fonts can't be installed, and 2) the only way that fonts can be installed - and without any guarantee - is by rooting the phone first...and even then, there might be compatibility problems.

So...am I stuck with not being able to install new fonts on Android 2.1-update 1 (current OS), or Froyo (sometime soon)?

TIA

Advertisement
  2. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

Why did you post this when you clearly know the answer ;) You have done good research. Yes you must root the phone its the only way.

3. squire1798

squire1798 New Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah, well...I've always been an eternal optimist. Being fairly new to working with Android, I just wanted to cover all my bases by asking the obvious in case I'd missed anything.

Everything I've found(?) is pointing me towards the fact that RTL font compatibility is pretty much a no-go with 2.1, but I'm finding bits and pieces/rumors that won't be the case with 2.2 - if (or when) it's released...or is it just that, rumors?