Installing Gameloft 3D games on the Captivate

Last Updated:

1. MightyVolHammer

MightyVolHammer Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Ladies and Gents-

Has anyone been able to install the Gameloft games NOT on the marketplace on a Samsung Captivate? I know how to get around the sideload issue, but when you buy games on their site the purchase is device specific and AT&T is not in the list. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. MrTony

MrTony Banned

Na..you just have to look at Android Games in general. They don't require you to specify your model. I'm running Sandstorm myself :)

3. MightyVolHammer

MightyVolHammer Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, but I can't seem to find it. Anywhere I go on their website and I try to buy, it asks for my model and there is no AT&T available.

4. MrTony

MrTony Banned

I remember having some issue like that. Obviously, you can't go to their site on your phone! In a desktop browser, I think there's a link at the bottom of the home page that says either "Android" or "Android Games". Which game are you looking for? I might can help you find it after I get off work this afternoon.

5. acp

acp Well-Known Member

how is sandstorm???

6. artvandalay22222

artvandalay22222 Well-Known Member

Ok, I found a way to get around this.
    Im sure theres a less than legal, and maybe an easier way, but this worked for me.
    On your computer goto gamelofts website, choose a different phone, I used the verizon/vibrant combination. Buy the game you want. it will send you a text with link. click on link to download it. It will block you, this is normal.
    Download and install droid explorer and make sure you have proper drivers for phone.
    Make sure you also have debugging enabled on phone. plug in phone to comp. choose mount. On computer navigate to the phones internal memory, click on folder named "downloads" copy the games apk to computer then double click it. Droid explorer should then install it.

Done!

7. ageros

ageros Active Member

Can you simply download the apk from their website? If so just use android sideloader machine, makes life super easy.

8. artvandalay22222

artvandalay22222 Well-Known Member

Well if you can, I couldnt find a way. I was frutrated trying to figure this out. I was willing to pay the money, but att was blocking it. What a hassle.
    thought this might help people out.