1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Installing GFE on a rooted phone.

1. cafric

cafric Member

Hi,

Got an issue... I brough my pro on eBay, an unlocked Verizon phone. It work fine in europe and have no issue at all.

The phone is rooted and contain tools like Droid X Bootstrap, Root, Superuser (came like this from eBay).

Now I am trying to install Good For Enterprise and it lock as it find the phone rooted. So question is how to un-root the phone ? I don't need the fancy apps and all so I don't care if I can't re-root but I don't want to relock the phone as well. Vendor say that factory reset will work and won't relock but I am a little afraid to try that.

Any help appreciated.

Note that I am a noob on this and even more clueless after reading this and lot of others forum on root/unroot bootstrap and all. :confused::confused:

Cafric

Advertisement
    :
  2. cafric

cafric Member

Got this solved by myself.

Here is how I did,

Downloaded aRoot, modified the unroot.bat executed it and made a factory reset of the phone (which was not working previously). And GFE installed without issue.

For info here is the modified part of unroot I used (to replace what code is after the mount command :

(note that I added also rename of the droid.ogg to avoid the horrible noise when starting the phone, it remained silent even after factory reset)

Code (Text):
    ECHO Unrooting your device ...
    adb.exe shell rm /system/bin/su
    ECHO.
    ECHO Removing Superuser app ...
    adb.exe uninstall com.noshufou.android.su
    adb.exe shell rm /system/app/Superuser.apk
    adb.exe shell mv /system/media/droid.ogg /system/media/droid.bak
    adb.exe shell rm /data/local/tmp/psneuter
    ECHO.
    ECHO Cleaning up onclickroot mess ...
    adb.exe shell "find /system/xbin -type l | xargs rm"
    adb.exe shell rm /system/xbin/busybox
    ECHO.
    ECHO Rebooting ...
    adb.exe reboot
  3. cafric

cafric Member

And I don't consider myself a total noob on rooting/unrooting the pro anymore :D