Installing New ROMS

Last Updated:

1. HeXiiK

HeXiiK Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

If I install a new ROM I lose all of my saved contents on my original ROM correct? Is there a way I can save some information that the apps have stored so I don't lose it all?

Advertisement
  2. HeXiiK

HeXiiK Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Will I lose Swype and all my contacts? Like everything?

3. eraursls1984

eraursls1984 Well-Known Member

I believe it depends on how you have to install the ROM. Of you have to format the system and delete data then I'm sure you'll lose you stats, but some ROM's install like themes and the your stats would remain. I think if you use titanium backup you can backup apps, settings and stats.
    HTML:

4. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

You phone/gmail contacts are backed up by google. To save and restore all of your apps and app data you would need to use Titanium Backup. Once you've installed it, just open the app and press the hard menu button > batch > then press the "run" button next to "backup all user apps". Once you've installed you ROM, reinstall TiBu and then go into batch again and press the "run" button next to "retore all apps with data".

5. eraursls1984

eraursls1984 Well-Known Member

If you have a Google account and you've set it up on your phone your contacts are backed up that way and will be recovered when you set your Google account.back up. It depends on the ROM on whether you lose swype but you can reinstall it of it's not in the ROM