installing non market app on samsung galaxy tab 10.1Support

Last Updated:

1. Torredo

Torredo New Member

Hi folks,

I'd developed an android app v2.2 using Eclipse 3.5 and it's running on Android Emulator.Now I want to test the same .apk on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.How to install and run non market .apk on this device.
    Kindly suggest solution for the same ASAP.

Advertisement
  2. PavementPilot

PavementPilot Well-Known Member

You need to install the ADB so it can run on your device, while it is plugged into the computer.
  3. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Well-Known Member Contributor

^^^ what he said ^^^
    Or, you can move the apk to your phone via dropbox or USB, and then just install it in the normal fashion.
  4. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

In the normal fashion meaning go to Files and navigate to the folder where you put the apk and install it from there.
  5. Torredo

Torredo New Member

Thanks for your support.I tried as you said but still I'm having following doubts.

1)Moved the apk to your phone via USB, and then installed it in the normal fashion.But it's being crashed on startup activity while it's running properly on emulator.

2)Directly connect Tab via USB to my PC.But when I run 'adb devices',my Tab's not being detected while I can easily install and run it on emulator for the same.

Any other way to install apk using ADB to Tab?
    Is there any possibility of having any OS versioning / memory issue?
    (apk version's 2.2 while my Tab's having 3.1)
  6. clemrodrigue

clemrodrigue New Member

Just got the Samsung Galaxy 10.1
    How do I move ebooks, I've downloaded from the desktop, to the "book case" apps?
    Thanks
    CR
  7. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Install drivers on your PC. Connect the Tab to your PC using the supplied cable. A device called P7510/7500 will show up on your PC/ My Computer. Open that and put the files on the memory. Disconnect.

On the Tab go into the reading app and tap on the options button and choose import - import the books you put on it.