1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

installing non market appsSupport

1. mqureshi79

mqureshi79 Well-Known Member

Hello all

So i've noticed that there are certain apps that don't appear on the market... i found it off the market and triedbto install only to find that i was not allowed to do it!

Any tips? How can i get around this?

Advertisement
    Devildadeo likes this.
  2. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member

nookcolortools, unchecked then check allow nonmarket installs. this is assuming you've autonootered
  3. mqureshi79

Thanks! I can't seem to find nook color tools... where do i find that? I am auto nootered
  4. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member

if you haven't installed a home replacement, you'll find it in extras.

if you've installed a home replacement like zeam or launcherpro, open your app drawer.
  5. mqureshi79

Strange... not in extras or app drawer... is there a newer version of auto booted out there maybe?
  6. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member

7. mqureshi79

Went back to stock then reran autonooter, it showed up this time. Have successfully installed non market apps.

But for some reason, today, my market just hangs when i try and download apps... which is weird coz i installed a bunch w/no problem. Any thoughts?
  8. mqureshi79

Went back to stock then reran autonooter, it showed up this time. Have successfully installed non market apps.

But for some reason, today, my market just hangs when i try and download apps... which is weird coz i installed a bunch w/no problem. Any thoughts?
  9. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member

ive heard several random people say market was acting weird today. i wouldnt worry about it unless it persists.

you could try going into titanium and wiping data for the Market app to see if it helps
  10. mqureshi79

Hmmm.... tried wiping in titanium... no luck. May need to reflash. Again. Eeekh.
  11. tlo07

tlo07 Well-Known Member

Thank you! I have been trying to install the Amazon App Store so I could get Angry Birds Rio and I was losing my mind trying to get it to intall! Simply unchecking and rechecking worked!
  12. BobF4

BobF4 New Member

I am trying to also install the Amazon App Store. My Nook Color has been nooted with ManualNooter 4-5-18 and 4-6-16, per instructions found through InspiredGeek.

I have combed through the Nook Color Tools app, but can't seem to find where in there I can allow non-market installs. Help!!!
  13. bobstro

bobstro Well-Known Member

Be aware that you've resurrected a thread that's nearly a year old. A few things have changed, so make sure you're aware of the differences between versions (see below).

What version of B&N firmware are you running? The procedures change between 1.2, 1.3 and (particularly) 1.4. If you used MN 4-5-18 and 4-6-16, I assume you are on 1.3. If not, you may have problems.

The necessary checkbox is at the top of Nook Color Tools. Unfortunately, there are some interface issues with rooted B&N, so the text is white on a white background. You need to toggle the "mystery checkbox" at the top of the screen by clearing it, then re-checking it. This will enable the installation of non-Market apps.