• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Installing one custom ROM over another

Misce

Lurker
May 13, 2013
Hello once again. Thanks to your guide I successfully rooted my S2. I also installed Resurrection Remix JB 4.2.1 ROM, but I'm not too pleased with it.

I would like to try NeatROM Lite instead.

My question is: can I just install NeatRom Lite like I did Resurrection Remix, or are there any additional steps now that I already have one custom ROM installed.

If there are, would you kindly point me to a relevant guide as I was unable to find one myself.

Thanks in advance.

Do you have to do that to install a new rom

Technically, no, you can simply jump right to the flashing part. If there is a script included with the rom, most likely these things are done anyway, but if you don't wipe the Dalvik cache and factory reset, you are just asking for trouble. Since a new rom doesn't preserve your data anyway, there's nothing to lose and the gain is a much more stable device.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones