installing play store

Last Updated: 2014-09-13 02:49:56
  1. kuntrysgirl

kuntrysgirl New Member

I have a KLU by Curtis Android 4.0 OS 7" Capactive tablet. It came installed with SlideMe Market instead of the google play store. Is there a way to install the play store on this tablet. Please I am not so savvy when it comes to tech stuff and may need a lot of help with this, please be patient with me.

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

If you google "play store apk", you can download it on your tablet, then use a file manager such as Solid, Estrongs, Astro to browse to the download location. When you press ont he apk it should ask if you want to install it.
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Moved thread into General Tablet Talk from Computers and IT, as this is about an Android tablet. Any questions, don't hesitate to PM me. :)

This is a very cheap tablet, usually they don't have Google Play, and will have some other third-party app store instead. Curtis Int. is an importer of budget Chinese lifestyle products of unknown manufacture, and often the quality is quite poor.

That may not work, because very often Chinese ROM builds don't have the required essential frameworks installed. One would have to find a way of rooting the device and add the frameworks. Or one would have to change the ROM software completely, to a build that does support Google Play.
  4. kuntrysgirl

kuntrysgirl New Member

after installing the play store and i click open, then i get a message that the paly store has stopped working. do you have any other suggestions please?
  5. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

6. kuntrysgirl

kuntrysgirl New Member

well that didnt work either, so I installed Amazon appstore which also didnt work. I did however find one that does work called 1Mobile Market. Easy download and installation. Has lots of free apps. Popular apps. I downloaded 4 games that are the trend right now and all of them downloaded and installed easily, altho its still new to me, just a few hrs old, I would recommend it to those with the lesser known brand name tablets that doesnt come with the google play store. thanks for your help
    mikedt likes this.
  7. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

That's worth noting, the Amazon app store didn't work either. Definitely crappy software that the Klu has. One to avoid I think.

1Mobile Market is Chinese, which is probably why it works with these challenged Googleless Androids.
  8. vulcanize

vulcanize Member

onjo likes this.
  9. mdcc1022

mdcc1022 Member

has anyone seen the Curtis lt 1041 tablet its a 10.1 with android 4.1.1
  10. Elp720

Elp720 New Member

Yes I just purchased one and I'm unable to download games from Aptoid. Any advice would be helpful.
  11. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

It's still Googleless and is still a very much an el-cheapo budget tablet. So any comments I've already made about Curtis tablets in the thread, will no doubt apply to this one as well. Unless money is very tight you really should be looking elsewhere, like at a Nexus 10.

There is one advantage about buying cheapo tablets from an importer like Curtis Int or Binatone, over similar ones found on Ebay. Is that you do at least get a full US, Canadian or EU warranty. So if it does brick or otherwise prove defective, it shouldn't be a problem with RMA.
  12. Braddaddy

Braddaddy New Member

--------------------

Thanks Vulcanize!!! Got it to work on my LT1041D Happy Happy Happy !!!