• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root installing rom on samsung moment

No need for anything fancy like rom manager... Just flash stock with root and then apply the zip of your choice in recovery. I'm still using the de03 stuff I've been using all year and it works great. If you need the files for dj07 the radioactive thread has all of the files linked I believe.

[ROM] Radioactive FroYo v2.0pre3 **8-9 MFLOP** Based on new DJ07 update! MultiFS

I don't care for the rf roms, but it's a good thread to start with because all of the links work and it has tons of info in it. I prefer the ti-x 1.3.

Reactions: Deed
Upvote 0
thanks for the feed back i really appreciate it. another question, do u no how to back up a current rom

if you get a custom recovery going, boot into recovery (hold down volume down+send+end at the same time). there should be a backup/restore option there. select it, then select backup data & system (or you can choose to backup just one or the other) and then you should have a backup of your current rom and setup.

Upvote 0
Make sure you have everything set up the way you like it and then do your backups on a fresh rom. Every time I flash a new rom I get everything installed and the home screens set up and when everything is perfect I make backups. That way when I get impatient and format ext2, then after a few weeks when it starts getting buggy I can go back effortlessly. :)

Upvote 0
Titanium is for backing up apps and settings only. It also has the ability to freeze apps (crapware) but I don't use that feature. Quickboot makes it much easier to boot into recovery and to reboot the phone. For flashing a new rom once you're rooted and have installed a alternate recovery (see the guide sticky) it's as easy as putting the rom or kernel file (.zip format) in the root dir of your sd card, in recovery selecting install from zip, then select your file and follow directions...that's it. If you want an all encompassing backup aka nandroid, you can do that in recovery. Useful to go back to a previous rom if the new one proves unstable.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones