Installing Screen Protectors With Liquid Solution QuestionAccessories

Last Updated:

1. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just wondering for those who've installed screen protectors (on the Incredible or any other phone) that use a liquid solution, is there any issue with the solution getting into the phone and ruining it -- i.e. short circuiting the phone. It seems like with the speaker and optical pad being right there during the application process, it's easy for liquid to seep into the phone causing damage.

Unnecessary paranoia or legitimate concern?

Advertisement
  2. FierceDeityLink1

FierceDeityLink1 Well-Known Member

That's why you take the battery out before installing and let it dry for at least 12 hours.

3. Mjcanton

Mjcanton Well-Known Member

No I have never had any issues and i tend to over use the application solution - makes for an easier install. You would have to drench your phone

4. Mjcanton

And I never have taken the battery out and the most I let it dry for is 1 hour.. It is pretty dry once you are done.

5. RobN17

RobN17 Active Member

I wouldn't worry about it too much. The Invisible Shield I put on my Incredible was the first one I had ever applied and I didn't have any issues. I squeegied the liquid away from the speaker and optical pad. I little liquid got into the optical pad, but I removed it immediately. There were no ill effects.

6. superchaos

superchaos Well-Known Member

You do not have to get your phone that wet to apply the skins. You should only have to wet the skins, use the scraper to get the air bubbles and moisture out. Place the battery-less phone on a towel while applying the skin.

7. veloslave

veloslave Banned

How do you remove this stuff so you can add a new one or get it back to the original screen? Seems like a lot of work and hassle compared to a plastic one. I consider myself a screen protector freak... always have them and they have always been the expensive ones at that... I am using the Verizon ones and am surprisingly impressed... I think they are great, at least so far.

8. Mjcanton

You pull them off of the phone

pikahatonjon likes this.
  9. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

They are great, except for all the screen they leave unprotected. Thus, a new one is needed.

10. Colchicine

Colchicine Well-Known Member

When I applied my ZAGG, I liberally applied the liquid. I put enough on it to fill the optical joystick part. I immediately used the corner of a paper towel to soak it up. I did this with the battery in it, although my electrical experience should have told me to take it out. I then put it in the window with afternoon soon. It got warm to the touch. No issues with phone, no bubbles, and I started using it within 2 hrs.

11. kyleetrotter

kyleetrotter Well-Known Member

I've always just used water to apply mine. No screen protector I ever bought came with any "solution".

I just dipped the protector in a cup of water and dribbled a few drops of water onto the screen and then applied the protector and moved it into place. Then I took a paper town and squeegeed the water to the side of the screen and got all of the air and dust particles out. If I had any dust specs, I just took a piece of tape and peeled the screen back and dipped my finger in water and wiped away the dust from the screen or the protector and re-wetted everything and re-squeegeed it.

And I did this all with the phone on and had no issues. Just use your head and dont make it too wet. You only need enough to cover the parts your are protecting, but not enough that its running off the sides.

dogghouse050 likes this.