Installing SL4ASupport

Last Updated:

1. gcr

gcr New Member This Topic's Starter

All,

I am trying to install SL4A (Scripting Layer for Android) on my Captivate. But I am trying to do this without rooting my phone--aye, there's the rub.

ATT (I joined their developer program) tells me to do this with adb. I did. SL4A installed and is working, but when I try the same procedure in hopes of installing one of the scripting languages, it seems to work. Adb install completes successfully, but when I attempt to access one of my new interpreters (i.e. SL4A: view/interpreters) they don't show. I posted this back to ATT but as yet nada.

Can I get an SL4A interpreter installed without rooting the phone?

Advertisement
  2. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Is it an APK? I wonder if you could just install it with the Sideload Wonder Machine. See here:

Sideloading - CapFAQ

3. falbriard

falbriard New Member

Same issue here with Android 2.2 installing SL4A and Python. SL4A starts normally, the add interpreter did install successfully, but no interpreter was added to SL4A. It also did not associate the .py file extension to the SL4A scripting execution. Possibly the SL4A did not register the interpreter. Appreciate any feedback how to fix this error.