Installing swype on r11 Galaxy

Last Updated:

1. BigBadBeta

BigBadBeta Active Member This Topic's Starter

HA i found the working Version for the behold 2! Just follow the steps to install swype

---FOLLOW THE STEPS BELOW TO INSTALL SWYPE---

Download Keyboard here <--click

Once the download is done Drag the file from your computer to you devices SD card (The main folder would do)

Then download ASTRO on your device[​IMG]

Once you have ASTRO installed Open it and find the file.

Tap the file one and "Open App manager"

It should say "Install" in a little button Box under the Summary page about one inch down from the top left cornor of your screen

For me it said something (I dont remember exactly but i think it was bitching about not allowing "Unknown sources" but then it took to the the menu Underneath this line. Ignor the one actually under this one Skip to the one after.

[This one is ignored if it auto takes you to the menu]If nothing happens then go to settings(Menu Settings)>Applications(Under "Security & location" / Above "SD card & phone")

Once in that menu there should just be three options. Check mark "Unknown Sources" Then back to astro(Home button then ASTRO app icon)

Scroll to the file and install it again (If you dont know how read from start)

Once its installed go to settings (App Drawer or Menu key)>"Local & text" (Under "Date & time" and above "Search"

Under "Text Settings" Swype should be there

Check it and it should give you a warning about people being able to steal your credit card info BUT thats ok.. How else would the people that leaked this for you make money?

One its checked Open up a new Text (Or hold down Menu till key comes out) and select "Text input" then select Swype

OLD POST

Advertisement
    ericjwill likes this.
  2. BigBadBeta

NVM its all fixed.

lviv73 likes this.
  3. lviv73

lviv73 Well-Known Member

Thanx man,been lookin for this.

4. BigBadBeta

No problem. Ill try to find the newest version Tomorrow and link it up.

5. Beaver6d9

Beaver6d9 Member

I keep the APK on the sdcard always so when I flash to a rom without, all I need is an app installer to get it rolling again. I dont' use titanium back up to install swype since it gives me fits.