Installing The Android SDK

1. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

I have noticed lately a shocking amount of the root crowd in general (between irc, xda, and here) that either do not have the sdk installed on their computers, can't get it to work, or have no idea what it is :mad:

I'm of the school of the thought that adb/sdk is an essential tool that anyone who thinks of rooting their phone should have, and often a lifeline and a last line of salvation when bricking your phone.

I figured it would be helpful for some out there, so I found a good youtube video that lays out all the steps for downloading and installing at least the adb portion of the sdk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1SOSXwkc_8

Really everyone here should seriously consider installing this if they havent already :cool:

Advertisement
    :
  2. saps

saps Well-Known Member

I think someone linked this or a similar video back in September when the SF first came out but this is a nice refresh
  3. nitsuj17

cool, i had never seen it since i hopped on in early october :)

and it seems we have had a lot join the root crowd recently :cool:

and ive had some scrary irc private chats with guys/gals who didnt know what adb was!!!! :mad::eek::mad::eek::mad::eek::mad::eek:
  4. Bob-o

Bob-o Well-Known Member

I don't have that, nor know what it is. Ill be sure to get it though, as soon as I get on laptop. Don't wanna try dj05 without having everything nit would need to unbrick me:D. Lol. On a plus side, I did just flash 11/15test uv kernell with success! Let's see how long my battery lasts now!
  5. nitsuj17

sounds good Bob...glad to hear you got a kernel running :D
  6. Bob-o

Bob-o Well-Known Member

Dumb question, but I'm noticing my battery dying fast with 11/15test uv. Is this normal?
  7. davidnmegan6907

davidnmegan6907 Well-Known Member

No its a uv it should be better battery life..have you loaded anything else?
  8. Bob-o

Bob-o Well-Known Member

Nope. Maybe I'm just playing more, trying see a diff in this kernell? Dunno though
  9. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Certain rom/theme/kernel combos work better than others, so yes depending on your trio/combo it might be "normal" for that combo
  10. Bob-o

Bob-o Well-Known Member

All I have done is flash 11/15test uv kernell. Stock rom and stock everything really cept that kernell.
  11. saps

saps Well-Known Member

hmmm try 11/16uv then one of them gave killer BL, if not then look at some of geekniks stuff
  12. nitsuj17

bump for new people :)
  13. Halcyon

Halcyon Well-Known Member

You rock nitsuj17. This is exactly what I was looking for. Now that work is slowing down I have some time to start taking my phone to the next lvl. Thanks.
  14. nitsuj17

for those havent seen this (and i just saw it yesterday) this is like an "adb for beginners" program that allows you to do some commands and things without manually typing them in...might be worth checking out for some

ADB GUI Updated | xda-developers