Installing the official orange update on a rooted phone

Last Updated:

1. spurs4life

spurs4life Member This Topic's Starter

I am getting calls going straight to voicemail with no missed calls on my phone, when I have full signal, so orange have (after a lot of calls) agreed to terminate my contract.

I have to return my phone (shame I could not keep it for free!) and have rooted my phone, and installed the modaco rom.

I want to return it with an orange rom, and was wondering if I can just install the updated orange rom on my phone over the top of the modaco, and has anyone done this successfully?

From reading around I am assuming that this would hide the fact that I have ever rooted or installed a custom rom, as I want to be back on warranty?

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Download and install either the new Orange update or the original ROM (or use your pre-root Nanroid backup), flash it to the handset, reflash the original recovery image (assuming you replaced it with one of the modified ones), format the SDHC card and wipe/factory reset the handset. You should now have a 'virgin' Hero once again.

3. spurs4life

spurs4life Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, one question:

How do I reflash the original recovery image ?

4. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Just use the same procedure you followed to flash the modified image, or load a pre-root Nandroid as I believe it contains recovery.img.