• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root installing this rom...

djizez f00cking christ!
I have read the pages i linked! And as far as i can read&write, i didnt misspell anything between rom and recovery!

Im not here to argue about terms, i just want a straight farward answer how to apply the updated rom file (from [ROM] [15/11] Pre-rooted Stock Froyo (2.10.405.2) [Optional mods] - xda-developers ), and apply the mods...
The forum thread with the file does not say where to put the file, and how to apply it! It only says to do it through custom recovery, and I do not know how!

Post answers, and spare me of more wiseass bs!

The forums is so packed with different methods and versions, so for a newb its a infinite big mess to sort out!

Upvote 0
Just read my faq

your faq is what got me started (kred for that:)

If you want to Keep HTC Sense, This is good:

[ROM] [15/11] Pre-rooted Stock Froyo (2.10.405.2) [Optional mods] - xda-developers

READ THE THREAD. It tells you how to flash the a2sd+ add on and which version of the rom supports it.

The only info i find on how to apply the files to my desire is (from the bottom of the thread)
Apply the updates in custom recovery. You can apply them immediately after installing the ROM, you do not have to reboot each time. Most mods can be applied at any time, and can be applied over the top of earlier versions.

Now the problem is; this really doesnt tell me much.. How do i apply the updates in the custom recovery, AND is this after the Pre-Rooted stock froyo zip file is installed?

Upvote 0
You need to just actually READ the threads and you'll see what you need to do. I'd start here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=814381

Hi,
I am rooted HTC Desire S through SuperOneClick and install ROM Manager , then I did Flash clockworkMod Recovery but problem is when I am go to ROM Manager for Installation ROM from SD card and select the reboot/ recovery my phone reboots and comes up on my screen and a line on the bottom sys E: can

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones