• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Installling 3D Games on Milestone

dpac

Aug 1, 2010
Hi Guys,
I purchased the Motorola Milestone a few weeks back and its my first android phone. Also, I haven't rooted it as yet. I love gaming on my phone and am going crazy trying to figure out how to install 3D games (heavy-duty ones like Let's Golf, Assassin's Creed, NFS - to name a few) on my phone. Please can someone tell me what I should do in order to install them on my phone's memory card? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Peace!

you have to root it, and then use apps2sd to put them on the SD card. all android firmwares before 2.2 (froyo) don't have that ability without root.
Thanks. I had a feeling that rooting it would be the solution. I guess I was hoping for a workaround. Rooting it is then! Also, I've tried google but still haven't been able to find a dependable site to download these games. Would you happen to know of any I might find useful?

Upvote 0
sorry to jump in, but what is 'rooting'? is it just enabling your device to use homebrew software?
the question doesn't seem worth it's own thread you see, hah.
Rooting is basically getting more control of your phone. I would suggest googling it in order to get the best gist of its implications. And rooting is connected with gaming on the milestone as all the large sized games will not fit on the phone's memory. They need to be installed on the sd card. And as akusokuzan said, since the milestone still doesn't have 2.2 (froyo) where you can install all apps straight to the memory card, we need to use apps2sd in order to install them on the memory card. And apps2sd works only on a rooted phone. Hence, the connection between rooting and gaming!

Reactions: floatingpoint
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones