• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Instamapper.com down?

i have used in since May but never seen the site down-usually i get "service not available" when my phone is out of credit or something like that but never "server not found" as seen today.

I wonder if they are reorganizing to return as a new for-fee service under another name, after analyzing the data collected so far, or is it possibly in financial trouble? I noticed they cut back storage space from storing tracks for 3 months to 1 month only-since the Summer, which could be a sign of dwindling funds...

Upvote 0
InstaMapper is seriously down. Both their DNS servers do not respond to any requests which is really bad since they are on two completely different networks. I can ping both DNS servers, but they both ignore all DNS requests. I have never seen a major outage of InstaMapper in over a year of using them. I wonder if they are stopping their free service.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones