• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help instant message

Grailer

Lurker
Nov 25, 2010
I notice that the home screen is customizable but not the four applications on the bottom, the call, email, browser and applications. How would I change those icons with different icons? Mainly the email and browser.

Second question: How do I turn off or at least severly limit the data that goes to and from my phone. I do not have wireless and am just a bit paranoid about going over my data limit. I got the phone from work and this is my first smartphone so I am a bit nervous about anything I do on it.

Also, does the instant messenger use data?

Thanks for looking and thanks even more if you help me out.

I notice that the home screen is customizable but not the four applications on the bottom, the call, email, browser and applications. How would I change those icons with different icons? Mainly the email and browser.

Read the Captivate FAQ:

Customization - CapFAQ

Second question: How do I turn off or at least severly limit the data that goes to and from my phone.
Read the Captivate FAQ:

Data Usage - CapFAQ

Also, does the instant messenger use data?
The stock one doesn't use data, it uses SMS and will count against your SMS plan. Don't use it. Get something like Meebo.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones