Instant Rebate at Corporate store?

Last Updated:

1. woogyboogy

woogyboogy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So, I'm looking at buying the X tomorrow at a Corporate Store, rather then a Wireless Zone store. The main issue right now is, my dad does not want to spend $600 for 2 phones (YES I KNOW THERE IS A REBATE), so technically it would only be $400, but the rebate would take at least 2 weeks. One of my friends told me that if you pay for the phone at a Corporate Store, rather than a store like Verizon Wireless Zones is that you get an Instant Rebate. If its possible to get an instant rebate at a Corporate Store, this would be 10x easier on my dad, knowing he will get an instant rebate, and it would only be $400 give or take right up front.

If anyone knows any info on this, it would be a tremendous help going in there with the knowledge of this.

Thanks!!!

Advertisement
  2. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

i got an instant rebate when i got mine on the 15th but i was using the special promotion they were running where if you have a contract ending before dec 31 you can upgrade so maybe that was why

3. woogyboogy

Well my contract ended in April. I've had my POS Blackberry for 2 years and 3 months and I am about ready to blow it up.

4. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

To my knowledge, no, you cannot get an instant rebate through VZW except for online. If you want an in-store rebate price you'd have to go through Best Buy or Wal-Mart

5. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

Verizon stores do not match their online pricing... so they most likely will not waive the mail in rebate. Not saying it will never happen, but your chance is very slim. It's better to try Best Buy first since they do instant rebates

6. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

I got it through verizon and i bought it in store and yes it was a corporate store

7. woogyboogy

Buying it from Best Buy, and Wal-Mart are only for NEW contracts though right?

8. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

those other stores will allow upgrades as well. It just depends on the upgrade eligibility code in the system. Worth a try....

9. AJ_EVO

AJ_EVO Well-Known Member

Interesting.

10. woogyboogy

Haha, Should have made that correction. My dad is buying it for me for my birthday.

11. redgtconv

redgtconv Well-Known Member

I bought mine on Jyly 15 at a Verizon Corporate store and they gave me the instant rebate without asking for it.

12. charwoods3

charwoods3 Member

I got an instant rebate in store and when asked why I got it, was told it was because I was an alltel customer. Don't know if everyone was like this, but that's what I was told.

13. bersh

bersh Member

I think it's a crap shoot. I got an instant rebate at the Verizon store, but the guy next to me didn't. This was on the 15th, if it matters.

14. lesscryptic2

lesscryptic2 Well-Known Member

i had an instant rebate after i ordered my Dinc online, returned it in-store for the X, and they charged me the extra 100 and gave me a rebate form

sounds like its worth a shot, but i personally dont think its likely that theyll give you two instant rebates

15. schimm

schimm Well-Known Member

My Droid contract ended in this fall....walked into a Verizon B&M and they gave me the rebate. So I paid $199 for it + 2 year contract and I can upgrade my phone annually. At first they had their facts wrong saying that I had to be a non smartphone user in order to get the discounted price. For a phone as popular as the X I'm suspicious that they knowingly didn't give me the straight scoop.

16. DroidDaddy

DroidDaddy Well-Known Member

I went to a corp store on July 15th and received the instant rebate without asking. I told a friend about it that had an appt later that day and he got it too. It's worth calling up and telling them that you're picking up two X's as long as you can get the IR, otherwise you'll go to BB. Since they're on commission I bet they'll do it. (At least my salesperson told me he was on commission and asked for my return business.)

Another thing, if you're dad's entitled to any business discounts they can only do that at the corporate stores. I know BB can't according to my local BB.

17. B@nn3rsb0mb

B@nn3rsb0mb Member

I also got my phone from a corp store on the 15th and got the rebate off instantly. And the employee actually made it seem like it was suppose to be a "surprise" that I was going to get a rebate at all. Quite a funny experience.

18. xdroid

xdroid Well-Known Member

When I order from the My Business website, I get any available rebate applied instantly.