instinct to moment... quick questionSupport

Last Updated:

1. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

soooo im a current instinct owner (i know PLEASSSSE dont judge) and my upgrade is alomst here, im getting the moment for sure as long as they don't announce another phone before my purchase, and i was wondering, do the 3 touch buttons flash every few seconds if you have an unchecked notification such as the moment does

ie. on my instinct if i miss a text message the phone will periodically blink ((every 5-10 seconds or so)) until i unlock it and check the message, i really like this feature as my phone is almost always on vibrate being a college studen and always running to one class or another, its just habbit to keep it like that all day, so it is nice to know when i have a missed message by this alert. i have read many articles saying this DOES NOT work but i have read a few saying it does... is it a feature you have to turn on or what?

thanks for the feedback in advance :)

Advertisement
  2. SITH

SITH Well-Known Member

No it doesn't, but you can get apps that will let you know when you have a notification. I use handcent sms and a pop up comes up where I can quick reply to my txts.

3. 4runneradam

4runneradam Active Member

He's right. But you can simply press the power button once, and your lockscreen will come on like it does on your instinct, but on the moment you will get to see your notification bar which will tell you if you missed any calls or text without having to unlock the phone.

4. Radical-J

Radical-J Well-Known Member

The thing I miss most from my Instinct is 'Live Search' Nothing, nothing is as fast as Live Search on the Instinct. The voice command on the Moment is a joke--totally unusable(you can open contacts and select your contacts phone number before the VC even opens...
    Tethering on the Moment is available via PDAnet. There are things I miss about the Instinct(and I had it a day before Launch).

5. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member

....and just remember, that notification feature on the Instinct was an update....it was not available out of the box.....sooo.....maybe........ I hate to be one of those dreamers....but it is worth mentioning.

6. AndroidStephen

AndroidStephen Well-Known Member

I had an Instinct and really enjoyed it.. I hacked it also and added a few things to make it better also. Yes, Live Search was great and I used it with the voice control all the time... I do miss it. Although "Places Directory" does do a pretty decent job of replacing it now that aGPS works (except the voice search and that it doesn't integrate the findings into Sprint Navigator.. but it's search engine does a decent job when needed) Hopefully they will have a better voice command program when they update Android to 2.1.

As far as the notification lights... you'll just have to use some apps that use visual notifications to work around it until they fix that also. But that's the beauty of the Moment.. you can download just about any app you could think of to customize it to do whatever you want... and if there isn't the one you need out there.. someone is probably already working on making one. The Moment was actually pretty disappointing to me out of the box.. but after you mess with the settings/ Apps/ etc.. for a week or so, you"ll get it set up the way you like it and all will be well. :)

7. Covert_Death

Is there a way to change to voice command button on the moment to the default search button most other droid phones have when 2.1 comes out or even now. I'd rAther use it for google search than what sprint tells me to use it for... I feel the os is so open source but by the time it gets in my hand it won't feel so much that way, forcing sprit apps on me always pissed me off

8. zombie

zombie Member

9. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

Also switched from the Instinct and you will absolutely be happy! Live search is a bummer not to have but the abilities of the Moment will make up for it!

10. Covert_Death

yea i've heard alot of rumble on that for sprint, i konw google has said they are trying to break the carriers grips on customers by making phones available to EVERYONE regardless of carrier, seeing how sprint has the best prices, i dont see how they could be against that, i think it would strongly help them out ALOT. i hope this is something real, but i have yet to see definitave proof for sprint in the works although it does look like att will be getting support due to those FCC filings.

i think i will be holding out until MWC and CTIA are over to make my purchase decision, i figure those are the next two good oppurtunities for sprint to do something smart smartphone wise ;) i kNOW they're concetration is 4g but they do have atleast follow the pack to some extent if they wanna stay in the game.
    hopefully ill hear something then but if not then ill be a moment owner for the next 2 years!