Instructions for technically challanged

Last Updated:

1. katers

katers Member This Topic's Starter

Hi I have been able to find online Hero instructions in PDF, but wondering if there are any good online instructions that might also include video. I am getting a Hero next week and will need all the help I can get in figuring out how to use it.

By the way, does anyone know of a good car charger for the Hero?

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

3. Little Darwin

Little Darwin Well-Known Member

For the charger I use iTips which are about the only good things at Radio Shack. You can use the same charger for almost everything by changing tips.

I can charge my old Palm Centro, my Hero, and my work Blackberry. I can also run my Garmin eTrex Vista, but not charge (limitation of the GPS system)

They are available in other places too...

For the Hero, they specify the A53 tip, which I bought, but I have also charged with my Blackberry charger. I don't know what the difference is between the three (at least) micro-usb tips that they sell are, but I can hook up my BB, Garmin and Hero to the PC with the same cable, so I suspect you should be able to do all three with one tip... I have used the BB tip for the Garmin and Hero and it seems to work OK. I forget the number.

4. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

I got a $10 cheapy car charger at Target that looks like it's one really thin cord stripped from a USB cable then wrapped. It's a retractable one with detachable charging tips for Micro, Mini, and then proprietary ones for old Nextels, Nokias, and so forth and so on. Seems to be fine, it's just the cable is really scrawny, and I could definitely shear it apart if I so desired between my fingers.